October 12, 2008
there are many reasons why i wanted to start this blog and for some reason in order to even give it out to people in my life or to make it public…. i feel like i need to write an intro of sorts although this ain’t blog post numero uno.
1. i read, i dont write. thats pretty important. i dont want to be judged for the order of my words or my limited vocabulary. i know good writing or at least like to think that i do. i am not capable of that nor do i desire to be.
2. i want to log the things i keep forgetting. eg. after watching a significant film or reading a book that has a strong impact on me… i want to remember details, not just the long term lingering effect it had on my subconscious.
3. i am starting to run. i couldn’t tell you why i stopped but its been a longtime coming. i signed up for the buffalo marathon on may 23… maybe the 29? whatever. its a sunday. i need to get my focus back (and my memory, ha). running helps and i need a long term goal. not to mention how bad ass it is going to sound when i say i ran my first marathon at 22. need to train seriously, eh? 26.2 miles. KAAAZAM!
4. i knit (obviously) and want to log my projects with pics here. ravelry is good too but i’d rather have all this centralized in one place.
5. i need to vent. i am pretty angry at the world and its systems. i am prone to thinking that i can make a small difference to make life easier in my immediate surrounding and pretty frequently i get kicked around for this. i dont hate humanity, i just think we are corrupt as hell. if anything its my love for humanity that fuels my anger. (obviously there are a select few who hear about all this ramblin’ too much… this is also to give their ear a rest. bless your hearts.) often its hard for me to articulate. seeing my words sometimes really helps me to figure out what i believe or what i am feeling in regards to the issues much bigger than me. please note: i will flip flop, don’t judge. if you do, you are an asshole.
6. i want to have a reference for things i find online and be able to come back to them easily.
7. i haven’t had my period in over a year. that is likely key factor in my wavering sanity and its not that i am trying to deliberately refuse help. i simply dont believe in western medicine anymore, its about a quick fix and has nothing to do with preventative care. most pharmaceuticals haven’t been tested properly and we have no idea what the long term effects are. i’m not judging you for taking them so long as you don’t judge me for refusing them. that is all. i have tried birth control, i won’t do it again. the women’s anatomy is pretty fucking complex and the only answer is the pill. i cannot accept that. so, i am constantly reading about alternative women’s health stuff. don’t worry boys, this has strong overlap with the politic rants i am prone to.
8. i am vegan and cook vegan food. i will post awesome pics of delicious food and try to make the world go veg. not realistic, drrr. but it would be nice to persuade at least a handful of folks that 1.) being vegan isn’t as hard as you think 2.) its better for you, the environment and animals 3.) its a way of being an activist everyday. i probably have a more diverse diet than most and that i am pretty health conscious.
disclaimer: you don’t need as much protein as you believe. 10% of your calories…. that is it. and veggies have protein. i’m just fine i promise. you should be more concerned about FIBER, found only in plants. and what about calcium? if your worried about my bones, dont be. calcium has nothing to do with it. (and if it did… veggies got em too and so does rice milk, etc.) i’m pretty sure that horses and gorillas have strong healthy bones and they don’t drink milk their entire lives…. much less from another species EVER in their lives… so yah. its a bit unnatural. you can’t argue otherwise. anyway, strong bones are built by strong muscles. build up your muscles and your bones compensate. third world countries are just starting to get osteoporosis. its because they’re modernizing (aka sitting in offices) and eating more SAD (standard american diet). don’t mess with me on nutrition. i am not interested in what you think you know.
8. how is this different than lj? good question